Thursday, February 12, 2009

She's not a baby anymore












My baby girl is celebrating her 2nd birthday today! Wow- time really does fly when your're having fun. I can honestly say I have loved getting to know this little girl. She has more personality in her little finger than most 22 year olds! From the minute I met this little diva, my heart melted. I remember wanting a boy so badly. When we went in for our ultrasound to find out the sex, the nurse paused the screen to measure something (i think it was her femur). I looked at her without hesitation and said "It's a girl." She just smiled and said "you're right." I knew it. We ALL knew it. Laying on that paper sheet in the sterile doctors office, I was hooked. I was IN LOVE with this little girl before I even met her.
My whole pregnancy was one big bag of worry. We just wanted to get to the 20 week mark and kind of held our breath until that day came. We had an appointment that day, and I was telling my midwife how I would stop worrying once I hit that 20 week mark. She said, get to 28 weeks and then you can stop worrying. Thanks for the extra 2 months you just added to our stress! I remember freaking out about what day she would be born. I only wanted my midwife to deliver so I got her entire schedule for the month of February and planned accordingly. When I told my midwife that I was flying my sister in on the 12th- she knew I meant business and agreed to induce me. I was so uncomfortable being that large and even breathing was exhausting. We got to the hospital at 8:00 am and the nurses asked Jared why we were there. His exact answer: "Hi, I'm Jared. And we're here to have a baby." Wow.

The labor and delivery floor was super busy so they couldnt start my pitocin right away because they wanted one nurse to take care of me instead of having one nurse taking care of two girls. Fair enough. We were in for the long haul. My whole family came and went through out the day and all I can remember about that afternoon was laughing. A lot. Sharalyn on the lounge chair doing what she does best when I'm in pain. Absolutley nothing. Around 6:00 pm I started to feel something. After a few- "Im not sure what Im feeling" moments later- the nurse checked me and it was game time. As I was being wheeled into the room, Lydia (my midwife) asked me who I wanted in the room. I asked how many people were allowed in there. She asked me again who I wanted in the room. My answer was simple. Everyone. So there we were: Me, Jared, my mom, my dad, Kody, Sharalyn, Scott, Casey, Lydia, two baby nurses and an intern. PARTY TIME. My whole pregnancy I told Lydia that I would be a great pusher- and I did not disappoint. 2 pushes and this little baby was out. I can remember everyone in the room being in tears. Even Casey. Of course Casey. Lydia knew how hard we tried to get pregnant and was actually the midwife that was there with me when I had miscarried the year before. We had come a long way from that day!!

They laid Lennix on me and I can still see those huge eyes staring back at me. She was so tiny and wrinkly and pink. She was perfect. The family left and they moved me into the recovery area. Sharalyn did what was perfectly natural for her- ordered a hamburger and took a nap. In the bed with me. Our little love baby tucked in nicely between us. I could not have asked for anything better.

Lennix is more than anything I could have imagined. Girly when she needs to be, a spit fire when she wants to be, and 100% a daddys girl when she has to be!! She has taught me patience and gratitude without even trying. She has allowed me to make mistakes and is quick to forgive. She loves her brother and Nama but will always be a daddys girl at heart. She thinks she is hilarious and demands to be the star of the show when company is over. She is just everything I hoped a little girl would be. I don't care if she is a little (okay, A LOT) demanding at times- she is the cutest little thing I have ever laid eyes on. And that makes up for a lot of attitude! So, here's to you girlfriend! You are no longer a baby. That thought a lone makes me want to jump for joy and cry rivers of tears all at the same time!! We love you LJ xxoo

7 comments:

The Mrs. said...

Wow... so big now. She is beautiful.. Happy Birthday to her, and You!!!

Heather and Spencer said...

You have one absolutely adorable little girl!!! I still totally love her Halloween costume! Happy Birthday Lennix!

Steve and Janelle said...

Love her!!!!

Robert and Natalie said...

She is so beautiful of course she is part Hambly (those eyes!) and I know you think that she is worth every bit of hardship it took to get her here!

Lauren said...

thank u for that story...it makes me think of lexi...little girls really are something else!

carly said...

so cute! love to hear birthing stories, especially good ones. gives me hope for next time ;o I can't believe she is 2 and we have still yet to meet her! 2 months Shan...2 months!

carly said...

so cute! love to hear birthing stories, especially good ones. gives me hope for next time ;o I can't believe she is 2 and we have still yet to meet her! 2 months Shan...2 months!