Sunday, February 8, 2009

Whats been going on??

Everyone keeps asking Jared and I what is going on with our recent posts. Let's back up to the post about IVF. (It's a hard knock life) That post was simply meant to be an update for those who have been following our IVF trials and for me to be honest about my feelings. Apparently "Anonymous" thought it was some sort of attack on Jared's manhood and sent these comments: (I have condensed some of them due to their redundancy, and grammatical errors- maybe they should spend less time sending messages on Blogger, and head back to school)

Shannon, I totally know how you feel 100% because I went through the exact same thing for many years and felt the same depressions as you are feeling. Hoever...I am really dissapointed that you would say such hurtful things about your husband, like it is HIS fault. I feel so bad for him after reading this. Again, I feel your pain, I felt all those things, but you need to realize that he is your husband and he DID NOT choose for this to happen. Please do not blame him for your saddness, I'm sure if he read this, it would crush him. If it was you that was causing the problems, I would sure hope he wouldn't be blaming you for something you have NO control over. At that note, please know I feel for you for the pain you are feeling, it is something no one can explain unless they have been there, as I have.
It is a very lonely and hard time. However, I am very dissapointed in the way you blame your husband on this when it is completly out of his control. If it was you that was the problem, I would sure hope that he wouldn't be putting you down and blaming you. I know you are hurting, but it is NOT his fault AT ALL! Put yourself in his shoes and imagine what it would feel like not being able to control the situation.
All I have to say is poor Jared and the feelings he is going through. He can't help it and you are making him feel worse! I know you won't post this, but I had to say something.

These comments were met with frustration, tears, and sadness that someone would actually think that I would be blaming Jared for the situation. Apparently I am not allowed to explain the situation EXACTLY LIKE IT REALLY IS without attacking Jared's manhood. I showed the comments to Jared and HE decided to write a post of his OWN. (Dear Anonymous)

Not long after that post was published, "anonymous" sent this little gem to me:
It's hard to believe that this is Jared talking...But I apologize for coming across rude. I just would NEVER resent my husband for something he can't control...and I am speaking from this first hand, we do have the same issues. Believe me when I say I know how you feel.

And then this one to Jared 15 minutes later: (this one is my favorite!!)
Alright than I will respond to you. Why dont you man up and kick her in the teeth. Why would you put up with that type of abuse? What an ungrateful piece of work she must be. How you lasted with her is amazing. If my wife did that to me I'd be changing the locks and looking for a new one. Good luck with Mrs. Perfect and make sure to keep us posted on all the upcoming personal trash she shares with eveyone.

So there you have it. That is what has been going on. I'll leave the offer on the table for anonymous: Call Jared ANY TIME you want- He'd like to have a few words with you. (That is, after he's done "kicking my teeth in") We are almost positive we know where these comments are coming from. Apparently "anonymous" doesn't know that this whole blogging thing isn't really "anonymous" afterall. The joke will be on them. To the friends and family who have shown their love and supprt- Thank you a million times over. I appreciate all the emails, texts, "out of the blue packages", turtles, etc... I have felt your love and am grateful for all of you.

Love- Mrs. Perfect

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Shannon,
Believe it or not I can sympathize with you because I tried more than 10 years with surgery, pills,etc. until my body couldn't take it anymore. But, the miracle of adoption became the answer to MY prayer. Why doesn't anonymous get that you're sharing your posts for understanding and support? Nobody invited anonymous for her permission nor her vitriolic comment. If she doesn't agree,then stay away from your blog and mind her own business! What you and Jared want is the only thing that matters. Your cousins and I pray that your joy will come and it will be so much greater than your sorrow! Sending love and prayers your way!

The Mrs. said...

I am so honered to be able to read what you and Jared share. You are two very strong people with so much love and a great marriage. I no where saw an attack on "HIM". I am sorry for the ignorance of people you have to deal with. I wish I was as brave as you to share....... I am praying for you and your family and wish I could send an ice cream cone in the mail!

Unknown said...

What a nut job! Grow a spine you piece of work!!! I'm glad that you can laugh at this Shannon and I think that it's pretty sad that "people" have to spend their time daily checking your blog and posting comments as "anonymous". I do have to admit it almost reminds me of Crazy Kerry...

Juli said...

xoxo.....

Lauren said...

I'm glad you are staying positive...I'm glad to be a part of your thoughts and feelings...xoxo we are thinking of you...

D said...

I am so sorry that you have to deal with "anonymous". I'm glad that you have good family and friends supporting you. I, personally, was touched by your posts and my prayers are with you and your family as you try and have another baby. I have family going through the same thing and it is helpful to read your perspective on it. Thank you for sharing. I hope that you won't get anymore posts like "anonymous" who are too cowardly to even show their name.

Stephanie said...

you know how i feel about this, and to anonymous, grow some balls to say it was YOU!

ahixon said...

Wow. Sorry you are dealing with more drama than you need. We love you!

edmundsfam said...

I've got your back. I may not be as strong as you but I am scrappy. Just say the word I will be there to punch Anonymous in the neck. (you may have to hold them down for me though.)

redstarmama said...

I'll help Shar. I'm pretty good at punching...

Anonymous said...

On your side! Big hugs!

4kids2luv said...

What drama...i told you just tell me who and i will go after them! You two are great people that those other two need ti min their own business!!

Justin said...

EFC for Life. ANON is going down!

Justin said...

EWC for life.... ANON is going down!